Susan G Komen Race for the Cure
Okay I know this is a little late but I have been pretty busy with work, school, doing my hair (jk I don’t have any), and doctor apts out the ying yang. Thank You Thank You Thank You to everyone who walked in my honor!! I not only had friends and family walk here in TX but friends in other states walk too! It means so much to me that everyone got up so early and walked. I truly feel so loved by so many and you guys are what help me keep going through this tough battle. It is such a blessing to have so many great people in my life. I was not able to attend the race this year because I was pretty sick. Here are a bunch of pictures from the race that I have been sent via Text and stolen from my friends on facebook! Enjoy :)
Here is a link to all the pics to view as well: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=555485&id=669565576&l=4c1447a482
I have finished my hard treatment of “The Red Devil”!! WOOHOO!! I am so happy you have no idea!! Heavinly Father has given me the strength to go through the worst part and feel happy again! Thank you for all the prayers everyone :) I feel like this cancer can only get easier from here! In my opinion, the red devil was the hardest part! I am not even worried about the mastectomy because I do not think anything can be worse than your body being poisoned. I start my next treatment ( I have a total of 4) on Thursday Oct 28 on my Nanas Birthday. Taxol is supposed to be a walk in the park compared to The Red Devil! With all this being said, I am trying to talk Ryan into getting me a celebration gift for finishing the Red Devil. (Tory Burch Boots) but it is not working. My subliminal messages I leave around the house are not subliminal enough I guess :)
I wanted to give all you gals out there a reminder to make sure you are getting mammograms and doing self exams! Please know the importance of checking your Ta-Ta’s!! Make sure you are doing it once a month. It only takes 25 seconds to do a self check. I know it is boring so I have created a resourceful convenient list of fun places to do a self check at!
1. Since we all spend a lot of time in the car… why not in the car on your way to work? I mean you’re already jamming out to your favorite soundtrack, getting your coffee buzz by your morning java, so jam out and do a little check real quick! Of course safety first… so make sure you are parked! I promise, no one will think this is weird.
2. While you are having your portrait painted. This is the prime moment for a self check.
3. While you are planting a tree. You are killing two birds with one stone ladies! Helping the earth and helping you!
4. While you are getting to know your new neighbors. They will love you once you do your self check in their presence! Don’t bring them food, the self check is a great way to say “Welcome to the Neighborhood!”
5. While your asking for a raise at work. You will definitely get the raise!! This is a perfect idea, why hasn’t anyone ever thought of this?
6. While you are riding the Trans-Siberian Express across Asia. Because I know everyone will be riding this soon.
7. While you are swimming with dolphins. Try not to drown.
Have a great day everyone and thank you for reading my blog…fight like a girl!